Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Middle School - Parent Communication

"Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing." -  Rollo May

I communicate with parents in 3 different ways:
1. Email - Every Monday, I send out an email to parents titled "This Week in Texas History".....that mentions the general topic of what we are learning that week.
2. Remind 101 - I remind parents a week ahead when an important project/homework is due or a test is scheduled.
3. Website Calendar - I direct parents/students to my website calendar for upcoming events, lesson, and test. I plan one to two weeks in advance and update my calendar daily.     


Andrew Navaja is a 7th grade Texas History teacher at Sunnyvale Middle School.  He is a Varsity Football and Powerlifting coach. This is his 4th year in Sunnyvale and 15th overall year in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment